Integrated RFID card reader for access control
Integration of the pcProx® Plus RFID card reader eliminates desktop clutter and the need for multiple desktop security devices. KSI keyboards and standalone card readers with embedded rf IDEAS card technology not only better organize the desktop, but free up valuable USB ports and provide the ultimate in workstation and mobile cart security.
A simple wave of an RFID badge above the integrated reader sends authentication data to your chosen third party single sign on solution to identify the user, confirm access authorization, and unlock the workstation. Part of any sensible IAM strategy, KSI’s embedded RFID eliminates the need to remember and manually type passwords multiple times throughout the day.
When a more compact security solution is required, KSI standalone RFID card readers are the answer. Offering the same strong authentication as our RFID keyboards, KSI standalone card readers feature RFID and biometric security in one small device.
KSI is proud to partner with rf IDEAS in bringing the healthcare community reliable access control products containing the highest quality components. Never before have so many mix-and-match options been made available to clinicians.
Learn how KSI keyboards, with integrated RFID, have enhanced patient confidentiality at the award-winning hospitals of Main Line Health system.
Key Benefits of RFID Card Reader Integration
- Fast, secure logon, logoff
- Contactless authentication
- Increased efficiency and workflow
- Dual band — reads both 125 KHz and 13.56 MHz contact-less cards
- Tap in, tap out accompanied by colored LED flash and tonal beep
- Legacy HID cards supported
- Programmable to meet your needs
- Integration eliminates the need for a separate security device
- Dual factor authentication, when combined with KSI fingerprint biometric security
- Compatible with other KSI integrated mix-and-match components
- Compatible with leading single sign on solutions, including Imprivata® OneSign®
View our products with integrated RFID card readers.